The recipe used was found on About.com in the food section. Of course I was out of onion, lemon juice and parsley but still was great. I went with this recipe because of the simplicity and really it’s the white wine with the mussles juices that give the great flavor.
- 4 lbs fresh mussels
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots (about 4 Tbsp)
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced (not chopped or minced)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
Saved all the left over juice from this and will make a seafood linguine soon.
Drinking and Eating for the New year!